Danusia Mulligan Dip Couns MBACP MNCS (Accred)
Sometimes our difficulties feel overwhelming; our emotions can leave us feeling exhausted, isolated and sometimes unable to see a way forward. Issues such as general anxiety, stress, trauma, loss, self-esteem issues, relationship issues as well as depression can all colour the way we enjoy our life.
I am an experienced person centred therapist and I can offer you an empathetic and confidential short term or long term face to face therapeutic relationship in which you feel valued, supported, and heard. By working alongside one another at a pace that is best for you, we can explore what's holding you back and why; our difficulties can stem from historic trauma, present day experience or a one off life event.
It can be hard deciding who you want to work with or whether therapy is even the right next step for you. Talking things over with a therapist before committing to sessions can be reassuring. I offer a free 20 minutes consultation; that way you can ask me any questions you may have or talk to me about your concerns. It may also help you make a more informed decision about therapy and whether I am the right counsellor for you. Please call or email; I will aim to respond to you within 48 hours.
I abide by the professional and ethical frameworks of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and the National Counselling Society.
I am an accredited practitioner on the Professional Standards Authority Accredited Register.
I abide by GDPR Legislation and am a registered member of the Information Commissioners Office.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have the following qualifications:-
- Diploma in Counselling Practice
- Certificate in Humanistic Theory
- Certificate in Approaches to Counselling Children and Young People
- Training in domestic violence and abuse
- Training Embodiment of Trauma
- Training in dealing with Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Panic Attacks
I have experience working for:-
- The Samaritans (Suicidal feelings/feelings of hopelessness)
- YMCA (working with homelessness and other adult mental health challenges)
- Shirley High School Performing Arts Academy (mental health challenges amongst children and young people)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
I charge £50 per 50 minute session.
I will consider reduced fees for student counsellors.
- My counselling room is suitable for disabled access.
- There is plenty of free parking near my practice.
- I offer flexible hours to suit working diaries.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My counselling room is near good public transport links and there is plenty of free local parking.
I am currently available to support new clients.
Types of client