Danusia Mulligan Dip Couns MBACP MNCS (Accred)
Life is too short to be unhappy, unsure of unfulfilled. Let me help you. Get in touch today to see what I can do for you.
I've successfully helped many clients overcome life challenges such as anxiety, panic, stress, depression, loss and relationship problems to name a few.
My approach is to offer a therapeutic relationship in which you feel valued, supported and understood. I offer non-judgemental and empathetic support to adults and children/young people aged 11-18. We will work alongside one another, and at your pace so that we can safely explore your difficult emotions, feelings and memories; whether these are a result of historical/current ongoing traumas or a one-off life experience. I will support you to make sense of what's troubling you and why.
- Talking to a therapist can help you set new goals, to see your problems and worries from a clearer perspective.
- Counselling can help you learn how to cope with life challenges better, it can help you feel less isolated, and importantly, help you to put in place the life changes that are the right fit for you.
I offer a free 30 minute consultation, that way you can decide whether I am the right counsellor for you. You can call or email me in confidence to arrange a mutually convenient appointment and I will aim to respond to you within 48 hours.
I offer a comfortable counselling space with ample free local parking. I am within easy reach of public transport routes and offer flexible appointments to suit working diaries.
I am a member of the BACP and National Counselling Society.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have the following qualifications:-
- Diploma in Counselling Practice
- Certificate in Humanistic Theory
- Certificate in Approaches to Counselling Children and Young People
- CPD training in domestic violence and abuse
- CPD training in Embodiment of Trauma
I have experience working for:-
- The Samaritans (Suicidal feelings/feelings of hopelessness)
- YMCA (working with homelessness and other adult mental health challenges)
- Shirley High School Performing Arts Academy (mental health challenges amongst children and young people)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
I charge £50 per 50 minute session.
I will consider reduced fees for student counsellors.
- My counselling room is suitable for disabled access.
- There is plenty of free parking near my practice.
- I offer flexible hours to suit working diaries.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My counselling room is near good public transport links and there is plenty of free local parking.
I am currently available to support new clients through current difficulties and challenges.
Types of client