Claire Goodwin-Fee MBACP Counsellor & Supervisor -The Therapy Couch
Life can be difficult at times, sometimes we need support in order to alleviate emotional pain and to feel heard. Challenges and difficulties in relationships, work, stress, depression, anxiety, panic disorder, panic attacks, anger, trauma, self harm, childhood issues, sexual and physical abuse, body image, post natal support, gender, sexuality, domestic violence, illness, shame, bariatric (excess weight), confidence and low self esteem, loss, bereavement, infertility just to name a few....
These things can feel overwhelming and perhaps too much to cope with? Maybe your head feels so full up that you can not have any clarity about things? Or you feel paralysed by these difficulties? You may feel that the emotional pain is an obstacle that you can not overcome? Does this sound familiar?
I can work with you in a safe, confidential and private space. I can help you to have clarity, awareness and to ultimately restore balance and wellbeing to your life. For you to have an understanding of who you are, what you would like and for you to feel empowered as an individual. I will help you to challenge negative thoughts in a safe and confidential way. All of our work will be at a pace that's right for you - which is led by you.
I am a counsellor, trainer and supervisor with ten years experience. I work with individuals: young people and adults, groups and organisations. I have experience of working within the NHS, Edcation and Schools, Social Care, Local Safeguarding Childrens Board and Private Practice.
I have a specialist interest in Obstetric Cholestasis/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy, Professional Burnout, Vitamin B12, D3 and Trauma.
I truly believe that with understanding comes knowledge and with knowledge comes power. I believe that we can change - we just need the right conditions in which to do so.
Best wishes and look forward to meeting you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling BACP accredited
- Post Graduate Diploma in Supervision (completes August 2016)
- EMDR L1 & L2
- I am a registered member of the BACP and am police checked (DBS/CRB)
- Training by NHS Kent & Medway NHS Trust, MIND
- LOCN Certificate (Credit) Developing Awareness
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling SkillS
- NCFE Certificate in Counselling Skills & Theories
- Co Trainer for Local Safeguarding Childrens Board - Female Genital Mutilation, Child Sexual Exploitation
I have training and experience in:
- Safeguarding - Vulnerable Adults & Children, DOLS, Prevent Agenda, Child Sexual Exploitation, Female Genital Mutilation, Gangs, Substance Misuse and Education and of Social Care Settings
- Culture, Difference & The Therapeutic Relationship
- First Aid
- I run and am part of a professionals consortium that includes a wide range of specialists.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Obstetric Cholestasis
- Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy
- Professional Burnout
- Vitamin B12 & D3 Deficiency and Mental Health
- Bariatric Issues
Photos & videos
Training packages are available on request and can be tailor-made to suit your requirements - Training for both professionals and young people. Training at present can cover FGM - Female Genital Mutilation, CSE - Child Sexual Exploitation, Prevent Agenda, Gangs, Substance Misuse, Mindfulness, Meditation, EI - Emotional Intelligence, Schools and Relationships.
Radical Kids training prices are dependent on whom the training is for and the time that you have in which to do so and covers radicalisation of children.
Please do not hesitate to make contact to discuss your requirements, thank you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments available on weekdays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am an Integrative Counsellor and Supervisor and work within the BACP ethical framework.