Chrysoula (Chryssa) Michailidou
Trauma Therapist and Supervisor BABCP Accred
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Have you ever experienced trauma? Do you struggle to understand its impact and the pain you've endured? If so, I can help you get grounded and connected to your body in a way that will help you heal from past traumatic experiences. You have been through so much and probably have not received the care and love that you deserve. I will help you sift through confusing memories and emotions and help you learn self-compassion. Through our work, you will find that you can decrease the shame you feel about your trauma and increase your self-esteem.
My approach encompasses several types of therapy since therapy is not one-size-fits-all. I use CBT, compassion- focused therapy as well as EMDR which allows for an integrative approach. Sessions are tailored to your needs. We will come up with coping skills to add to your toolbox for when you feel overwhelmed or distressed due to past trauma.
Together we will make links between past experiences and your present challenges. We will manage unhelpful thoughts, distressing memories and self-criticism. I am empathetic, non-judgemental and supportive. My values include trust, stability, kindness, respect and forgiveness. I will be there with you as you work towards the life you want to live.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc in Human Psychology- Aston University, Birmingham.
- MSc in Counselling Psychology- Keele University.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy- validated by The University of Manchester.
- CBT in the Context of Long Term Distressing and Persistent Health Conditions- validated by The University of Manchester.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Supervision Skills for Evidence-based Psychological approaches for adults.
- An Introduction to Theory and Practice of Compassion Focused Therapy- The Compassionate Mind Foundation.
- EMDR Basic Training.
Workshops and further training:
- Compassion Focused Therapy for Dissociation.
- Introduction to Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT).
- CAT approach in Physical Health Conditions.
- Complex Trauma Work Stage 1.
- Working with Nightmares and Dreams.
- Disclosures and the Criminal Justice Process.
- Pre-trial Therapy Training.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
The BABCP is the lead organisation for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in the UK.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the practice, theory or development of CBT. BABCP also provides accreditation for CBT therapists.
BABCP accredited members adhere to the Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics in the Practice of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies, and are willing to be scrutinised in this adherence as required.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£70.00 per session