Cerys Overington (Sandcastles Play Therapy & Counselling Service)
07528175058 / 07528175058
Hello and welcome!
I'm Cerys and I specialise in working with children and young people however, I am happy and more than able to help others too. I provide mobile therapy across Whitby, Ryedale, Scarborough and Tees Valley. As a therapist, I believe in the importance of developing a trusting relationship with my client.
I offer support to people with difficulties such as; abuse, sexual exploitation, anxiety, young carers, loss and bereavement, low mood, attachment difficulties, personality issues, childhood trauma, relationship difficulties, low self-esteem, self-harm, challenging behaviours and adjusting to physical health conditions.
By using an integrative psychological therapy approach, I tailor support to meet the needs of each individual client. I believe it is important to adapt to individual needs and therefore implement regular reviews to help guide the therapy plan we develop.
You're welcome to have an initial telephone conversation with me to discuss how we could work together. Your initial face-to-face appointment will be a chance for us to develop our shared understanding of your (or your child's) difficulties and think about what you would like to achieve through therapy. I provide a safe, warm and compassionate space for you to begin working towards your goals.
If you would like to discuss further then please feel free to ring me for a non-obligatory discussion.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Play Therapy with Distinction - Leeds Beckett University
- Certificate in Mental Health Awareness - Selby College
- Post Graduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play - Leeds Beckett University
- Foundation Degree in Arts with Distinction - Person-Centred Counselling - Teesside University
- Level 2 Awareness in Bereavement Care - Cruse Bereavement Care
- Filial Therapy Training
- Working with Bereaved Children and Young People in Fractured Families - Child Bereavement UK
- Lego: Build to Express - The Nurture Group
- Child-Parent Relationship Therapy - Roehampton University
- Taming the Tiger – The Impact of Trauma on Children and Young People
- PREVENT Radicalisation Training
- Mental Health First Aid Training for Young People - Barnardos
- Level 2 Safeguarding and Child Protection - Barnardos
- Attachment Training
- Fulcrum Psychological Training – Psychology and Physiology of; Addiction, Personality Disorders, Trauma & Vicarious Trauma
- Brain Development & Neuroscience with Dr Bruce Perry
- Understanding Sexual Trauma - LimeCulture
- Court Witness Training
I work to BACP and PTUK Ethics and Standards and I am specialised in providing therapeutic support for survivors and supporters of sexual violence. I offer support to children, young people and adults under pre-court therapy protocol conditions.
I engage with social workers when children and families are subject to CIN or CP procedures and also support schools who may be seeking therapeutic support for looked-after children. I am listed as an approved provider of therapy with North Yorkshire Adoption Services and PAC-UK.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
My fees vary according to the type of intervention eg 1:1, family, sibling group etc.
Initial meeting/consultation - £40
Individual Play Therapy/Counselling Session (Self-Referral) -£40
Group Play Therapy (max 6 per group) - Price on request
Filial Therapy/CPRT - Price on request
Local Authority/GP/School Referrals - Price on request
I offer mobile therapy appointments for all clients. For a referral for a child or young person, I would generally attempt to arrange these appointments at school in order to be least disruptive to the child's day. It can be a challenge crossing the rural areas of North Yorkshire and travelling to and from therapy appointments can cause unnecessary stress. That said, sometimes seeing the child in school is either not possible or not appropriate. In such cases, attempts will be made to hire a room as near to the school as possible, i.e. in a children's centre or other community building. It can be helpful to engage with school staff such as the Headteacher/SENCO to ensure everyone is working together to benefit the child.
If you work at a school and are interested in my services, please contact me to arrange a free consultation. There are a series of packages available to school which can offer flexibility for either individual sessions or full/half-day services. I also welcome referrals from fostering agencies, Local Authorities and other agencies.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesday - 12pm-6pm
Wednesday and Thursday 8.30am-6pm
Saturday appts by arrangements
Types of client