I have a private practice in Frome, Somerset where I offer individual counselling to adults and young people.
For many people, seeking help when you are struggling can seem something of an ordeal, particularly when it is hard to make sense of what you are struggling with. For some it may be due to a specific issue such as illness, bereavement or relationship breakdown. But for others it may be more difficult to define; it may be a general sense of unhappiness or dissatisfaction, or simply feeling that life has become hard to navigate.
My role is to provide a safe and secure space to help you explore these difficulties. Understanding your thoughts and feelings and their underlying causes can provide a sense of relief, enable change and give you a greater sense of control over your life.
Our first meeting will be an opportunity to tell me about yourself, discuss what has brought you to seek help and to explore whether what I offer feels right for you. We will also think about whether short-term, focussed work or longer term, open-ended counselling is more appropriate.
Generally, we will meet once a week at a time that suits you. Each session will last 50 minutes and I work on weekdays and some evenings.
Working with Adolescents and Young Adults
Depending upon their referral route, I will meet with the parents (or referrer) and/or young person for an initial consultation, where we can discuss what has brought them to seek help and explore the most appropriate way forward. As with my adult work, I will generally meet with a young person once a week. However, in some circumstances my work with young people can afford more flexibility.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and qualifications
- Foundation degree Addictions Counselling - University of Bath
- WPF Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling - Wessex Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling with Children and Young People - The Bridge Foundation/Wessex Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Private Practice - adults and young people - BPC register and Counselling Directory. Private referrals.
- School Counsellor - Bruton School for Girls, Somerset
- Adult Sessional Counsellor - Wessex Counselling and Psychotherapy (WCPS)
- Young Person's Counsellor - Youth Space (WCPS)
- Safeguarding Staff Supervision/Consultation - Schools in Bristol and Bradford-on-Avon
- Counsellor - HM Prison Service, HMP Erlestoke
- Counsellor - Residential Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centre, Action on Addiction, Wiltshire
- I am a member of Wessex Counselling and Psychotherapy Service (WCPS)
- I am registered with the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Relationship problems
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Weekly meetings - 50 minutes - £45
In certain circumstances fees can be negotiated
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client