I have a private practice in Frome, Somerset where I offer individual counselling to adults and young people.
For many people, seeking help when you are struggling can seem something of an ordeal, particularly when it is hard to make sense of what you are struggling with. For some it may be due to a specific issue such as illness, bereavement or relationship breakdown. But for others it may be more difficult to define; it may be a general sense of unhappiness or dissatisfaction, or simply feeling that life has become hard to navigate.
My role is to provide a safe and secure space to help you explore these difficulties. Understanding your thoughts and feelings and their underlying causes can provide a sense of relief, enable change and give you a greater sense of control over your life.
Our first meeting will be an opportunity to tell me about yourself, discuss what has brought you to seek help and to explore whether what I offer feels right for you. We will also think about whether short-term, focussed work or longer term, open-ended counselling is more appropriate.
Generally, we will meet once a week at a time that suits you. Each session will last 50 minutes and I work on weekdays and some evenings.
Working with Adolescents and Young Adults
Depending upon their referral route, I will meet with the parents (or referrer) and/or young person for an initial consultation, where we can discuss what has brought them to seek help and explore the most appropriate way forward. As with my adult work, I will generally meet with a young person once a week. However, in some circumstances my work with young people can afford more flexibility.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and qualifications
- Foundation degree Addictions Counselling - University of Bath
- WPF Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling - Wessex Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling with Children and Young People - The Bridge Foundation/Wessex Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Private Practice - adults and young people - BPC register and Counselling Directory. Private referrals.
- School Counsellor - Bruton School for Girls, Somerset
- Adult Sessional Counsellor - Wessex Counselling and Psychotherapy (WCPS)
- Young Person's Counsellor - Youth Space (WCPS)
- Safeguarding Staff Supervision/Consultation - Schools in Bristol and Bradford-on-Avon
- Counsellor - HM Prison Service, HMP Erlestoke
- Counsellor - Residential Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centre, Action on Addiction, Wiltshire
- I am a member of Wessex Counselling and Psychotherapy Service (WCPS)
- I am registered with the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC)
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Psychoanalytic Council
The British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) is a professional association, representing the profession of psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
The organisation is itself made up of fourteen member organisations and BPC accredits the trainings of its member organisations. An individual who qualifies from one of these trainings is then eligible for entry into the BPC's register.
BPC registrants are governed by a code of ethics, a policy of continuing professional development, a statement on confidentiality and a complaints procedure. The BPC is a Member Society of the European Federation for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy in the Public Sector (EFPP). Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Weekly sessions - 50 minutes - £45
In certain circumstances fees can be negotiated
Weekdays and evenings