Anita James MA, Post Grad Dip Cons, Fdap (Accredited), MBACP (Registered)
Psychotherapy can help us to gain perspective on our problems and find solutions that are right for us. If this were an easy process, counselling would not only be unnecessary, but not even exist. It does because, for thousands of years, talking has enabled human beings to work through and find resolutions to their problems.
What counselling can achieve for you
Working in counselling can help you to achieve clarity on what both the problem and the desired outcome of therapy is. All of our problems are different, as are all of our solutions, but through the safety of the therapeutic relationship that psychotherapy offers, I can support your natural resilience during stressful times to help you gain a healthy perspective on your problems, and find the resources to cope, and to deal effectively, with difficult issues.
I have trained in a variety of therapeutic techniques and have an in depth knowledge of the problems caused by alcohol and substance misuse, eating disorders, addictive behaviours (including porn and sex) and the stress, anxiety and depression that can arise through our struggles to cope with life.
Why Counselling with me?
I practice according to the ethics and guidelines of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, which ensures you will be counselled in an environment that is safe, professional, confidential, non-judgmental and supportive.
I offer both short-term and long-term counselling with an Integrative approach, which allows me to bring a variety of skills and techniques into sessions to meet your needs and requirements.
I deal with a large variety of issues (as listed further below), and also specialise in addictions (substance and behavioural), eating disorders, OCD, anxiety, relationships, anger issues, low self-esteem (including body image) bereavement and trauma.
I work with adult individuals, couples and groups, and have been able to help the people I work with make a very real difference to their lives. I would be delighted to help you do the same.
Please feel free to contact me by phone, email or text if you would like to book an assessment session to discuss your needs, or for further information about how I might be able to help you.
MA, FDAP (Accred), MBACP (Reg), ATSAC
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Member of the Federation of Drug and Alcohol Professionals
- Registered Member (accredited by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care) of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- Masters in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post-Graduate Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Professional Certificate in Sex Addiction Therapy
- Certificate in Counselling Eating Disorders
- Certificate in Counselling Theory – Person Centred
- Certificate in Counselling Skills – Person Centred
- Certificate in Counselling Skills – Psychodynamic
- 6 years experience on the Addiction Treatment Programme at the Priory Hospital Chelmsford, Essex
- 11 years experience of one-to-one counselling and psychotherapy in agency and private practice
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
My fee’s are as follows:
Personal counselling sessions - £60-£90
Couples counselling - £75 - £100
Group/family therapy rates are dependent on size of group
Counselling sessions are one hour in duration
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday mornings in Southend-on-Sea
Types of client