Counsellor at My Therapy Time
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
I am a counsellor specialising in working with people who are overwhelmed.
Are you feeling anxious or overwhelmed?
You may sense that you are running out of resources, mentally and physically.
This can feel frightening, but you are not alone and things can feel better.
Recent change, loss, or too many responsibilities may have led you to ask "Is there an easier way forward?"
This is when therapy can provide relief and support.
I have a calm and gentle approach. In the sessions you have a safe confidential space to talk.
Be heard, understood and valued.
There is freedom to find the restorative balance that you are seeking.
Call now for a free initial phone consultation.
Training, qualifications & experience
- South Lothian College of Nursing and Midwifery General Nurse 1988-1991
- Lothian College of Nursing and Midwifery Mental Health Nurse 1991-1997
- Group Facilitator with Sexual Abuse Survivors in Edinburgh 1993
- Skilled Listener with CRUSE East Lothian Branch 1997-2009
- Certified Practitioner of Sequential Mind Technology 2004
- Certified Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming 2004
- Certified Practitioner of Eriksonian Hypnotherapy 2004
- Practicing Person Centred Counsellor in Third Sector 2018- present
- Counsellor in Schools 2020-2021
- Practicing Person Centred Counsellor at My Therapy Time Dunfermline
College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSCA)
COSCA is the professional body for counselling and psychotherapy in Scotland, and seeks to advance all forms of counselling and psychotherapy and the use of counselling skills by promoting best practice and through the delivery of a range of sustainable services. COSCA Counsellor Accreditation is a pathway to entry onto the UKRC.
It is a requirement of all individual and organisational members of COSCA to abide by its Statement of Ethics and Code of Practice and be accountable to the Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
When I work
I currently have various session times available.