Angela Peterson Counsellor at My Therapy Time
Does your life feel more than you can cope with? Perhaps you are feeling stressed, anxious and worrying that you are running out of mental resources. You may be in a position of responsibility and find yourself wondering if you can keep the show on the road. Have you asked yourself how bad things have to feel before you can ask for support? There are times that life creates pressure, leading to issues with self esteem that are too much for one person to cope with alone. This is when therapy can provide relief and support.
I offer person-centred Counselling, I am recognised as having a calm and gentle approach. This enables you to have a safe space to talk about your thoughts and feelings. From this foundation of being heard understood and valued, you have the freedom to explore ways of finding the sense of balance that you are seeking.
It can be helpful to confide in someone who is impartial, non-judgmental and treats your information in a confidential way. Call now and find out how I can help.
Training, qualifications & experience
- South Lothian College of Nursing and Midwifery General Nurse 1988-1991
- Lothian College of Nursing and Midwifery Mental Health Nurse 1991-1997
- Group Facilitator with Sexual Abuse Survivors in Edinburgh 1993
- Skilled Listener with CRUSE East Lothian Branch 1997-2009
- Certified Practitioner of Sequential Mind Technology 2004
- Certified Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming 2004
- Certified Practitioner of Eriksonian Hypnotherapy 2004
- Practicing Person Centred Counsellor in Third Sector 2018- present
- Practicing Person Centred Counsellor at My Therapy Time Dunfermline
College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists
COSCA is the professional body for counselling and psychotherapy in Scotland, and seeks to advance all forms of counselling and psychotherapy and the use of counselling skills by promoting best practice and through the delivery of a range of sustainable services. COSCA Counsellor Accreditation is a pathway to entry onto the UKRC.
It is a requirement of all individual and organisational members of COSCA to abide by its Statement of Ethics and Code of Practice and be accountable to the Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40 per session