Dr Andrew Morrice
Are you looking for effective help to recover soon?
The Human Givens approach may be the answer to a wide range of mental health problems including
- Depression and Low Mood
- Anxiety including Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Attacks
- Addictions and unwanted habits
We can expect to have found a way out of such difficulties in 2 – 6 sessions.
The average number of sessions for a course of treatment in my practice is 3.8. Improvements are such that at completion of the therapy 80% of clients rate themselves within the normal range for mental and emotional wellbeing.
20 years as a GP and my training in the Human Givens underlie my practical approach to getting your life back on track. My website describes more about my work, or you can simply contact me now to see we can work together.
You may also benefit from my knowledge in the areas of exercise, diet, the micro-biome (gut health), and the links between physical and mental health where these are relevant to helping improve your wellbeing.
Please understand that I cannot provide a medical opinion, new medical diagnosis, medical investigation or prescriptions for medication whilst working as a counsellor/psychotherapist.
Training, qualifications & experience
- been studying and using the Human Givens approach as part of my work as a GP for the last 17 years.
- completed the HG Diploma in 2012 and joined the HGI Register in 2018
- graduated in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) in 1991, having gained an intercalated BSc in the History of Medicine in 1988.
- completed an MD in the History of Medical Ethics in 1999
- qualified as a GP in 1997, and passed the Royal College of General Practitioners Membership examination in 2000.
- worked as a Partner at St Chads Surgery in Midsomer Norton from January 2000 until May 2018.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Consultations are £75 for a full hour.
Please note that Human Givens Therapy typically needs between 2 and 6 sessions to provide effective help, though occasionally very complex problems may take longer.
My average session number per client is 3.8. At completion of therapy 80% of clients feel substantially better.
In view of the low cost overall I do not offer concessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Chilcompton Surgery is not specifically designed for wheelchair access. The Therapy Room is upstairs. If you will need a ground floor room, please discuss this with me so we can find a suitable time to use one of the doctors' rooms downstairs.
My regular day is Tuesdays at Chilcompton Surgery, though sessions can be offered at other times. I can arrange to see you in Wells if that is more convenient.
Types of client