Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
As an experienced CBT & EMDR therapist with 20 years of experience working in mental health, I have a number of aims when I work together with someone.
1. First of all, to give you an opportunity to talk about your situation and have the chance to be listened to, in a non-judgemental and supportive environment.
2. To enable us to come to a shared understanding of what things are troubling you and to help make further sense of the situation and to help answer the question "why am i feeling this way"?
3. To discuss what your hope's/aims are, in relation to this situation/ problems. Some of the main aims/treatment goals that i believe i can help with are to;
- feel less anxious/tense/stressed and more relaxed/calmer
- feel less worried and more able to focus on things
- feel less traumatised, less impacted by the past and more able to focus on the present and look positively to the future.
- feel less self-critical and more confident about yourself
- feel better in mood and feel more hopeful for the future
4. To develop a plan to look at what techniques and practical strategies can be used to try to firstly, help manage these problems/symptoms to then secondly help make progress towards your treatment goals/aims.
I am a therapist who is trained to use both CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) & EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing therapy) approaches. These are very well researched treatments and they can be used effectively for the treatment of many forms of anxiety (including panic, worry, generalised anxiety disorder, obsessive and compulsive disorder and phobias) depression, stress and trauma. They can also help in relationships and communication in terms of helping to be more assertive. In addition, they can also help with overcoming low confidence/ low self esteem.
It can sometimes be a big step to come for talking therapy but I use a relaxed approach and aim to provide a professional, supportive and caring approach.
If you are unsure about the treatment or if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Some feedback from previous clients
"Andrew is a fantastic person and has helped me immensely. I really cannot speak too highly of him and would recommend him every time. Andrew has brought me back to my old self, given me the courage and confidence to overcome not just the issues around the accident but overcome any obstacles that may present themselves, thankyou Andrew" TF
"Thankyou for the support you gave me during the latter half of last year. I feel lucky to have been put in contact with someone with your skill and abilities. I feel that I have the tools now to deal with everything better." HG
"Andrew is a very understanding and approachable therapist, we have had excellent results and I would recommend Therapy South Yorkshire to anyone" JR
For more up to date reviews, please see
Training, qualifications & experience
- 20 years of experience working within the NHS and private healthcare settings.
- Working in GP’s surgeries and working with a wide range of people referred to me by their GP, for psychological therapy. This has included work with members of the emergency services, serving and retired members of the armed forces, together with referrals from individuals who work in multinational companies.
- I have also been asked to be a speaker at national and regional conferences (e.g. International Work Psychology Conference & Doncaster Children and Young Peoples Mental Health Conference & NASUWT Teachers Wellbeing conference to talk about my experiences and to help provide some opportunity to learn some techniques for attendees to help manage their mental health.
- I am fully accredited with the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP).
PGDip Cognitive behavioural therapy. University of Derby 2010
MSc Health Psychology. Sheffield Hallam University. 2008
PGDip Psychology. Coventry University. 2006
CERPDL Psychology. Staffordshire University. 2005
BA (Hons) Sociology and Theology. University of Gloucestershire. 2001
BABCP fully accredited 2012
EMDR training parts 1, 2 & 3 completed 2013-2014
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
The BABCP is the lead organisation for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in the UK. Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the practice, theory or development of CBT. BABCP also provides accreditation for CBT therapists. BABCP accredited members adhere to the Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics in the Practice of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies, and are willing to be scrutinised in this adherence as required.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£70.00 per session
I currently have a therapy room in Manvers (postcode S63).
price for sessions start from £70 per session
Treatment sessions should last between 50-60 minutes.
When I work
Monday - Friday 9:30am-5:30pm