Hello, I am Alison Awuku and I work as an Integrative Counsellor, using predominantly Psychodynamic, Person-Centred, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Solutions Focused approaches in my work. This means that I work with my clients on the basis of what they bring to each session. Central to my way of working is building a strong, trusting therapeutic relationship, ensuring that my clients feel safe and comfortable to talk in confidence about their issues, concerns, and plans without fear of being judged.
Each person is unique and I acknowledge the uniqueness of my clients by tailoring my counselling approach to the specific needs of the individual client. I work with clients from the ages of 11 to much older clients and with male and female clients.
I can provide sessions remotely via Skype or Zoom; alternatively, I provide face-to-face sessions in the centre of Reading.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Counselling Skills - Level 2
- Counselling Studies - Level 3
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - Level 4
- MSc Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (On-going)
- MA Counselling and Psychotherapy Practice (On-going)
- BA (Hons) Economics and Marketing
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Skype and Zoom Sessions offered
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Individual Adult - £50 (Per 50 minute session)
Individual Child (11-18yrs) - £40 (Per 50 minute session)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Skype Clients only
Types of client