I’m a UKCP-registered child psychotherapist and a registered and accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
My Epsom-based practice is within easy reach of most of Surrey, including Ashtead, Leatherhead, Kingston, Cobham, Esher and beyond.
What I offer:
- Parent/carer consultation
- Psychotherapy and counselling for children, adolescents and young adults
- Clinical supervision to counsellors and psychotherapists working with children and adolescents
- Professional consultation
- Workshops and training.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I trained at the Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education (IATE)
- I have an MA in Integrative Child Psychotherapy from IATE (validated by the University of East London)
- I have over 12 years’ experience of working with children and adolescents (including young adults) and their parents and carers
- I’ve worked in a variety of settings including the national health service, schools and in private practice
- Currently I work part of the week in a specialist NHS mental health team with children in care, their carers and professional network. The rest of the week I work in private practice
- I’m a UKCP-registered child psychotherapist and a registered and accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- I hold current DBS certificates
- Since 2011 I’ve been a clinical supervisor for IATE’s 2-year diploma in child counselling course.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Separation anxiety
- Young carers
For child counselling/psychotherapy my fee is £60 per session. A session lasts approximately 50 minutes. The initial meeting with parents or carers is normally for an hour and a half and my fee for this is £90. A reduced fee may be available for parents or carers in receipt of benefits or otherwise on a low income.
For parent/carer consultation, my fee is £120. This includes a 90 minute consultation session and a written report detailing what we have discussed and the next steps/recommendations. If we decide a follow up session is needed we can arrange this at the end of the consultation or afterwards. My fee for follow up sessions is £60 for approximately 50 minutes.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|