I’m a UKCP-registered child psychotherapist and a registered and accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
My Epsom-based practice is within easy reach of most of Surrey, including Ashtead, Leatherhead, Kingston, Cobham, Esher and beyond.
What I offer:
- Parent/carer consultation;
- Psychotherapy and counselling for children, adolescents and young adults;
- Clinical supervision to counsellors and psychotherapists working with children and adolescents;
- Professional consultation;
- Workshops and training.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I trained at the Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education (IATE)
- I have an MA in Integrative Child Psychotherapy from IATE (validated by the University of East London)
- I have over 14 years’ experience of working with children and adolescents (including young adults) and their parents and carers
- I have CAMHS experience
- I’ve worked in a variety of settings including the NHS, schools and in private practice
- I work in private practice full time. Prior experience includes working as a school counsellor in a large secondary school and working for six years in a specialist NHS Child and Adolescent Mental Health team with children in care, their carers and professional network.
- I’m a UKCP-registered child psychotherapist and a registered and accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- I hold current DBS certificates
- Since 2011 I’ve been a clinical supervisor for IATE’s 2-year diploma in child counselling course.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
For Counselling/Psychotherapy my fee is £60 per session. A session lasts approximately 50 minutes. The initial meeting with parents or carers is normally for an hour and a half and my fee for this is £90. A reduced fee may be available for parents or carers in receipt of benefits or otherwise on a low income.
For parent/carer consultation, my fee is £90 for a 90 minute consultation session. If we decide a follow up session is needed we can arrange this at the end of the consultation or afterwards. My fee for follow up sessions is £60 for approximately 50 minutes.
I work weekdays, have some evening appointments and have appointments on Saturday mornings.