Dr Aishwarya Sambath
I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist based in Central London.
I work with a wide range of emotional difficulties and aim to work towards making a positive change.
I appreciate the challenges and stresses life can bring and will aim to work with you by creating a safe, warm and non-judgmental space, whilst using evidenced-based psychological interventions to make sense of your difficulties, reducing your pain and increasing your wellbeing.
Training, qualifications & experience
With 9 years’ experience of counselling and mental health work within the NHS, private and charity sector, I have gained extensive knowledge and skills working with a wide range of psychological presentations ranging in severity and complexity.
For example, I have experience working with:
- Anxiety disorders (such as Panic Attacks, Social Anxiety, Agoraphobia, specific phobias, Generalised Anxiety Disorder)
- Relationship difficulties
- Stress resulting from work and other pressures
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Childhood traumas
and many more...
My integrative therapeutic approach embedded in compassion and empathy, ensures I tailor treatment plans to each individual’s needs, rather than adhering to a one-dimensional approach. I am skilled in specialist therapeutic models such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Humanistic approaches. I also offer DBT-informed therapy (Dialectical-Behavioural Therapy treatment principles with particular focus on Individual skills integrated in weekly therapy).
Aside from my private work, I work as a senior Psychologist and clinical supervisor in Adult Community mental health services within the NHS. In addition, I guest lecture on the Doctoral Clinical Psychology course for two universities, as well as participate in clinical interviews helping to source future Psychologists. My academic and supervisory roles help ensure my knowledge on current evidenced- base clinical practice and psychological research is fully up to date.
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology, City University of London
- Masters in Counselling Psychology, City University of London
- Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling Psychology, City University of London
- Bsc (hons) Psychology with Neuroscience, University of Leicester
- Health & Care Profession Council (HCPC)
- British Psychology Society (BPS)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Individual Therapy - £85
(Face to Face and Video call sessions available)
Clinical Supervision - £85 (£50 for students)
I would be more than happy to discuss your Individual needs and think about the best way we can work together.
If you wish to discuss any issues you may currently be experiencing, please contact me by phone on 07495728991 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free telephone or face to face consultation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Fridays & Saturdays
Types of client