Danielle Mills (BSc (Hons), MBACP, TC-L4, NLP, Hypnotherapy)
Thank you for taking the time to view my profile.
I specialise in working with children and young people, particularly around issues such as anxiety and depression, self-esteem and confidence issues, body image and eating difficulties, and self-harm.
I offer counselling & psychotherapy in Sandiacre and Burton and have flexibility in my appointment times to be able to offer early morning and evening appointments to fit in with your availability.
I am a caring, empathic, friendly and sensitive person. I have my own experience of mental health services and counselling. This helps me to understand first hand how life changing counselling and therapy can be. I work in an integrative way which means that I can be flexible in how I work, making the therapy fit you, rather than expecting you to fit the therapy
I believe that the most important part of any therapy is to build a trusting relationship, where you can feel safe and secure so they feel able to share your experiences in confidence. This is why I encourage you to contact me before considering if I would be the right therapist for you - a short phone call may give you the information that you need about how well we may be able to work together. If you decide that you would like to work with me, then our first session will involve discussing your needs and expectations so that we can work out how best to achieve what you would like to get from this experience.
Usually it will take a number of counselling sessions before therapy starts to make a difference.
As well as Integrative Counselling, I offer:
- Equine Assisted Therapy (Working in a safe environment with the ponies can help unlock your feelings, develop your sense of self, your ability to be in the moment and to listen to your intuition. This work all takes place on the ground with no riding involved. No prior experience of horses is required. NO RIDING INVOLVED.) Please see www.ponypartnerships.com for more details.
- Reiki (Reiki is a Japenese system of healing that enhances the body's natural ability to heal itself. Reiki is totally safe and gentle and is not affiliated with any specific religion, faith, or belief system. It can be received by anyone who wishes to receive it.)
Training, qualifications & experience
I have been working in the field of mental health since I was 18 and specialise in working with children and young people. I have experience of working within psychiatric inpatient care, community mental health settings, education settings and residential care within the statutory, private and voluntary sector. I am also a Lecturer in Counselling at the University of Derby as well as completing a PhD at the University of Nottingham that is looking at young men and health.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Photos & videos
Counselling - £45 weekdays before 5pm, £50 weekends and after 5pm - 50 mins
Equine Assisted Psychotherapy - £80 - 90 mins
Equine Assisted Learning - £65 - 90 mins
Reiki - £35 - 40 mins
Room based therapies are offered in Sandicare, Long Eaton and near Burton - parking available
Equine therapies are based at Moo Haven, Sandiacre and Derby College Equestrian Centre - parking available. I can also come to you and work with you and your horses; please contact me for more details
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays and Fridays in Swadlincote Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays in Derby or Sandiacre
Types of client