- Website News & Updates
Website News & Updates
Counselling Directory is continually developing to ensure the best possible service to both visitors and members. Below is a summary of the main news and updates that have taken place over the last few years:
December 2009 - February 2010
- In February, the website received its highest visitor numbers ever, and the highest conversion rates of website visitors making contact with a listed counsellor or psychotherapist. Our Marketing Team have been using complex analytical tools to track visitor data, and have developed our advertising around this, to attract the best quality visitors to the Counselling Directory website.
- We've added a Personal Experiences page to the website, so clients who've had counselling or psychotherapy are able to upload their own counselling experiences. These personal experiences can be written anonymously, and will really help those thinking about embarking on a counselling journey of their own.
- We have also added the option to refine a search on Counselling Directory. After a visitor enters their location on the homepage and has been taken through to the search results, they then have the choice to refine their search by type of distress, type of therapy, type of session and keyword.
- To make it even easier for our members to recommend Counselling Directory, we've automated our Refer a Colleague feature. Each member will automatically be given one month's free listing on Counselling Directory for every referral.
September 2009 - November 2009
- In November we recorded the highest ever visitor numbers to Counselling Directory, with almost 5000 visitors per day (an increase of 1000 extra visitors per day compared with this time last year).The lead up to Christmas is always one of the busiest periods on the website, but this year there has been a steeper increase as a result of our recent online marketing activity. The first stage of our new promotion strategy is well underway, and our dedicated team have been busy analysing the data collected over the last few months.
- We have added a new section to the Members Area called "Keywords". Here we record exactly what visitors on the website are searching for. This helps members to ensure they have included all the relevant keywords on their profile, so that they appear in all relevant searches made by visitors on the website.
- We have also updated how the top listings work. Members are now able to purchase a top listing in their postcode, town or county (until now we have only offered top listings for counties). As the town and postcode search on the website works using a radius, members will only be able to select a top listing for the town or postcode of their actual address (if they have more than one address they will be able to select the town or postcode of either address). As the county search on the website doesn't use a radius search, members will be able to choose whether they'd like a top listing in their actual county, or a neighbouring one.
- In October we added a new feature for those members wishing to advertise themselves as supervisors. In the Members Area there is now a new box under the "Supervisors" section to include information about supervision. This will then appear on a new supervision profile linked directly from members main profiles, and will also be used in the search results if someone is specifically searching for a supervisor.
- We have also added a new feature in the "Publish Article" section of the Members Area. If members have published an article they will now be able to see how many visitors have clicked through and read their article on the website (on a monthly basis). On the section of the website where the articles are published for visitors, they'll also be able to see which articles are currently the most popular.
June 2009 - August 2009
- In August we completely revamped the look of the website to convey a fresh, professional, user-friendly feel. Once visitors reach our website, we want to ensure they stay on it, and the new design structure makes the website easier to navigate, with more relevant information accessible from each page.
- In July, our Marketing Team expanded to include key new members of staff, all who have the sole focus of increasing recognition of Counselling Directory. The website has been built around feedback from both our members and visitors to make it as useful as possible, and now we have a huge support network and a vast amount of information, it's time to really push the marketing side to make sure as many people as possible have access to our service.
March 2009 - May 2009
- Visitor numbers to the website have increased yet again over the past three months and members implementing the performance tips continue to receive the highest referral rates. As always, our online promotion remains a key focus for our dedicated team and we continue to dominate search results for relevant counselling terms. Our promotional work in Doctors Surgeries, Citizens Advice Bureaux's and Universities is ongoing.
- The 'Search for a counsellor or psychotherapist' feature on the homepage has now been updated to include the distance from a specified postcode, town or location, and there is a 'next' and 'previous' section on each results page so more members can be advertised in each location, in order of distance. The new search has resulted in more accurate search results, and there is now the opportunity to add two addresses to profiles. Feedback from both members and visitors has been extremely positive regarding the new search.
December 2008 - February 2009
- For the past few years we have recorded the same trend over the Christmas period and this year is no exception – there is an increase in visitor numbers in the months leading up to Christmas, December sees a reduction in visitors (presumably due to the Christmas period itself), and once January arrives visitor numbers escalate, resulting in higher levels than those months leading up to Christmas. This January we recorded the highest number of visitors to the website yet.
- The webteam has spent the last few months redesigning the 'Search for a counsellor or psychotherapist' feature on the website. This was due to feedback suggesting we reduce the long search results and make them much more accurate. The website now uses a radius search around each address to determine which profiles appear for a search.
- The questionnaire in the Members Area highlighted the fact that many members would like to see a Members Forum/Notice Board to alert other members of potential advertising scams, training events or advertise groups etc. This is now available in the Members Area.
September 2008 – November 2008
- In October the website received record visitor numbers, increasing the average number to approximately 4000 unique visitors every day. The feedback we have been receiving from visitors indicates that the current economic climate is causing much anxiety and stress, which has resulted in many more people searching for support.
- During the last few months we have also begun to expand our promotion in many towns and cities across the UK, with posters and leaflets advertising Counselling Directory now being displayed in many Doctors Surgeries, Citizens Advice Bureaux's and Universities. The interest in our service has been remarkable, with a number of Doctors Surgeries, Citizens Advice Bureaux's and Universities requesting further leaflets to meet demand. This promotional work is ongoing and we will be contacting all relevant organisations in due course with our promotional material.
- The results from our questionnaire showed that 88% of members who completed it were very pleased, pleased or satisfied with the response to their listing on Counselling Directory.