Dr Katherine Williams
I have experience in supervising assistant and trainee psychologists. I also have experience of delivering reflective practice within multi-disciplinary teams in a range of contexts and services.
My supervision style is largely based on systemic and narrative ideas. I use these approaches to help you to think about:
- Your approach, method and techniques in therapy (based on John Burnham's model 'approach, method, technique')
- Your personal values and social differences (and those of your clients)
- Placing individuals at the centre of their lives and stories (de-centering practice)
- The role of power in therapeutic and professional relationships
- Integrating your personal with your professional experiences
As a qualified 200hrs yoga teacher, I also offer ways in which ideas from yoga can be incorporated into your clinical practice.