Supervisor Dr Claire Marshall
I offer supervision to counsellors, psychotherapists and Counselling Psychologists. I can draw on a number of theoretical modalities, including existential, psychodynamic, attachment theory, humanistic therapies (including person centred) and phenomenology.
My style is open, supportive, non-judgmental and relational. I think it is important in supervision that you feel you can bring anything you want.
My provisional experience offering supervision includes:
- Clinical manager of a psychotherapy service in North London, including providing one-to-one and group supervision on a bi-weekly basis for 5 years
- Provided supervision to staff working in care in a therapeutic care home providing support for young people (13-18) in care (Looked After Children) for 5 years
- Supervised qualified and training psychotherapists and Counselling Psychologists in private practice for five years
- Provided skype supervision to psychosocial workers/ humanitarian aid workers stationed abroad (North Africa) who were working with refugees – both in camps and in detention centres
- I currently teach at a London University on the Doctorate in Counselling Psychology, which along with teaching psychological theory, also includes facilitating supervision groups
A qualified and registered supervisor, registered with the British Psychological Society (RAPPS)
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA), meaning I completed a one year Post Graduate certificate in teaching within higher education. This lends itself to clinical supervision as I have a sensitivity to the pedagogical endeavour of reflecting on client work. I am particularly interested in different people’s learning styles.
Supervision for qualified Counselling Psychologists / psychotherapists / counsellors: £90
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Thursdays evenings (5-10pm)
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training