I am a clinical supervisor and psychotherapist registered with BACP. I offer safe and effective individual clinical supervision to trainees, experienced counsellors and psychotherapists. I also provide peer group supervision, facilitating for groups of four or six. If you attend group supervision, the amount of time you can record for BACP accreditation depends on the number of people contracted to the group.
I use an integrative approach using The Hawkins and Shohet model. This is a seven-eyed model which focuses on:
- The Client – what and how they present
- Exploration – of the strategies and interventions used by the supervisee
- The Relationship – between the client and the supervisee
- The Supervisee
- The Supervisory Relationship
- The Supervisor – their own process
- The Wider context in which the work happens
Clinical supervision is extremely important in the counselling profession for both beginners and experienced counsellors. You should have sufficient supervision to allow all aspects of your work to be discussed as necessary, and to enable you to develop a constructive relationship with your supervisor.
Please note I also offer training on a number of topics to both individuals and organisations. Please contact me if you wish to discuss this further.