Dot Lawrence: Specialises in Anxiety, Stress & Confidence/ Self Esteem
Hi I am Dot Lawrence.
I offer on-line and face to face supervision for trainee and qualified counsellors.
I am a BACP registered integrative Counsellor and a trained Supervisor.
I have over 20 years experience working for BT PLC as a Business Improvement Consultant, Senior Marketing Manager and Skills Development Manager. My responsibilities included;-
- mentoring other managers
- skill development/ performance management
- one to one staff counselling
- conflict resolution
- managing difficult circumstances
- strategic planing
In addition, I have worked with a women's refuge, a local adult counselling charity and social services (London Borough of Ealing and Southend). I currently have my own Counselling practice near Chalkwell Park SS0 8NR offering Counselling and Supervision services.
"Understanding" that supervision as defined by the BACP is a specialised form of professional mentoring that is provided for practitioners who are responsible for undertaking challenging work with people; I believe that the combination of my career with BT and my counselling training/experience has provided me with the necessary skill set to provide other Counsellors with professional supervision for their client work.
My approach is to provide a service that is;-
1. Normative/Managerial – involves issues connected to professional and ethical guidelines, norms, laws, standards of practice and competence, e.g.
discussion about data protection.
2. Formative/Educational – involves skills, theoretical knowledge, e.g. the teaching of a stress management technique.
3. Restorative/Supportive – involves recharging batteries, dis-identification from the emotional charge of client work or managing life crises whilst
still working, e.g. discussions about the impact of trauma work on the
Cost and session times
Student Counsellors & Newly Qualified Counsellors (less than 12months qualified)
Mondays -Thursdays sessions start times 8am to 2pm £35 1hr or £45 1.5 hrs
Mondays -Thursdays sessions start times 8am to 7pm £45 1hr or £60 for 1.5 hrs
I offer online and face to face supervision.
I am near Chalkwell Park (SS0 8NR) and there is plenty of parking directly outside my premises.
I look forward to hearing from you.