I provide counselling and/or coaching supervision - plus supervision of supervision - f2f and online (via video, voice, chat or email) - or blended - individually and in groups - mirroring the offering I make to my own clients.
My core training is integrative, rooted in Person-Centred, TA and Gestalt. I'm also an NLP Master Practitioner and a qualified coach with a Diploma in Online Counselling & Psychotherapy and a Diploma in Online Therapeutic Supervision. I deliver training, too, mainly around suicide prevention and online counselling and supervision.
My approach to supervision is also integrative and geared towards helping you grow to be the best you can be.
We will be different from each other, and that’s good, as it’s based on these differences that we will both learn. And, yes, I always learn something from each and every one of my supervisees.
I don’t expect we will all always agree on everything, but hope that we will build safety and trust so that any disagreement can be raised and discussed constructively.
If at any time you’re not getting what you need from our sessions, I encourage you to tell me – preferably within the session, so that we have a chance to explore it and address it.
We will undertake regular reviews of how we’re working together but, again, I encourage you not to wait for the next review if there is something pressing that is getting in the way of the sessions supporting you in the way that you need.
My favoured supervision model is Inskipp and Proctor’s normative, formative and restorative functions/processes – because it’s so simple and encompasses all the areas that I think are important:
- Formative/Educative is about developing the skills, understanding and abilities of the supervisee.
- Managerial / Normative provides the quality control of the work with clients and derives from the supervisor’s managerial and ethical responsibilities to ensure the client’s welfare.
- Supportive/Restorative is a way of responding to supervisees who have themselves become affected by the distress, pain and fragmentation of the clients.
During our work these aspects will all feature – but not always to the same degree, as we will tailor what we do and how we do it according to your personal needs, the priorities of the day and your clients.
My fees are:
1:1 supervision - f2f or online
- £60 per hour
Groups, f2f or online, maximum number of members 4:
- 90 minutes - £30 per person, per session
- 2 hours - £40 -per person, per session