Kim Etherington PhD
I have an MSc in Counselling (Supervision and Training) and am a Senior Accredited Supervisor (BACP).
My belief is that supervision and consultancy can best be undertaken within a safe and trusting relationship when supervisees can permit themselves to explore their anxieties, vulnerabilities, mistakes, (as well as celebrate their successes!); issues raised by transference and counter-transference; and ethical dilemmas, in order to develop their skills, potential and understanding in the work they undertake. I believe this will make them more effective and help them remain psychologically healthy.
Examples of arenas in which I have provided supervision:
Clinical supervision for:
- NHS team working with disabled clients;
- Primary support teams working with children with emotional and behavioural disorders
- Counsellors working in agencies for clients who have been sexually abused;
- London Fire Brigade counsellor;
- Counsellor in NHS occupational health department;
- Counsellors in primary care
- Therapists in private practice
I have provided consultancy for:
Individuals and groups working in Education, Probation, the NHS, and other statutory and voluntary organisations.
I have experienced working in this capacity with:
- Manager of community drugs project;
- Director of a Christian counselling agency;
- Manager of an abuse counselling agency;
- Trainer, consultant and coach to national and international organisations.
- Probation service victim liaison team.
Cost: The cost of supervision for individuals is £90 per hour. Consultancy work ranges between ££100 per hour.