Cheryl Williams Dip. Couns. Cert. Sup. FD (Open) Sc. MBACP
"an opportunity for us to keep growing, to feel listened to and understood and challenged
when we discover, as we must, our blind spots" (Shohet, 2008).
I offer clinical supervision to both qualified practitioners and counselling trainees. Within a respectful, collaborative and trusting supervisory relationship, my aim is to provide a safe space for you to share, discuss and reflect upon all aspects of your clinical practice.
My approach is based on Hawkin’s and Shohet’s (2012) seven-eyed supervision model, a process model which focuses on seven exploratory modes to support your professional and personal development.
This may assist with:
- Developing and maintaining the therapeutic relationship
- Managing relationship ruptures
- Issues of transference and countertransference
- Theoretical approach
- Therapeutic direction
- Risk assessment and management
- Ethical dilemmas
- Developing your internal supervisor
- Increasing reflective practice
- Identifying professional development goals
- Exploring and expressing personal distress
- Practitioner self-care
- Policies, procedures and legalities