Lisa Mass MBACP (Snr. Accred)
I have worked as a counsellor for 30 years, in a variety of settings, including as a Macmillan Professional and also for hospices, schools, charities, agencies & private practice. I have experience of working with young children, teenagers, adults and families. My modality is Integrative.
I have supervised counsellors, and health & education professionals for many years now, both individually and in groups. Currently I offer supervision to qualified practitioners who work in settings such as private practice, hospices & the NHS. I also supervise counselling supervisors.
In addition, I offer non-managerial supervision to professionals in the fields of counselling, health & education, who wish to reflect on & develop their professional role.
How I see supervision
I see supervision as an opportunity for you to do a range of things that may, depending on your role, include the following:
· Offload case material
· Reflect on practice or work setting
· Link theory to practice
· Identify difficulties and explore ways forward (this may be case-related or organisational)
· Recognise when own issues are impacted by or impacting on work, and identify appropriate courses of action
· Recognise & celebrate good practice
· Identify areas for professional development
· Consider self-care
Following a supervision session, I hope you will feel you have been supported, and that you take something away with you.
This may be:
- a renewed energy
- greater insight into your own process, your clients' process and the work you are doing together
- ideas or increased clarity of how you might work with clients or supervisees going forward
- insight into organisational dynamics, and relationships with colleagues
If you are looking for a new supervisor, you are welcome to contact me to discuss the possibility of us working together, so that we can determine whether we would be a good fit.