Welcome to Melina Therapy and home to my supervisory services. Bringing together 20 years counselling and coaching experience and working with a vast variety of mental health issues including anxiety, depression, loss, confidence and self-esteem and with expertise in addictions, relationships, sexual abuse, rape, trauma and PTSD. I am experienced in working with children, young people, adults, couple counselling, E.A.P and for organisations.
During these difficult times clients and therapists may be experiencing many uncomfortable emotions, such as anxiety, fear and lowness and the feeling of loss of control and uncertainty. These emotions can linger during and post traumatic events. With expertise in trauma and PTSD I can help guide and support you and your practice through these difficult times and as you continue in your practice.
All appointments are currently available by telephone and remote online platforms and from the safety and security of your own home or practice
How I work
My approach is Integrative drawn from a variety of therapies and coaching skills which include Person Centred, Cognitive Behavioural, Mindfulness, Neuro Linguistic Programming, Coaching skills and techniques and Solution Focused Therapy. This enables me to tailor your supervision to your individual or organisational needs. Taking an holistic approach towards your practice, self care and well-being.
My aim is to provide a safe space where you can explore and reflect on your client cases and practice. My focus is to deeply listen to gain understanding and offer support and guidance to promote good practice and protect clients from poor practice. I believe that the supervision relationship is equal and built on the core concepts of therapy, to enable openness and honesty without judgement or consequence.
- working within community based drug and alcohol services with children, young people, adults and families.
- therapeutic play therapy with children.
- couple and relationship counselling.
- delivering specialist drug and alcohol interventions.
- specialist counselling services for victims of rape and sexual assault
- delivering specialist training on trauma and PTSD
- Working within the Nottingham SARC (sexual assault referral centre) with victims of sexual abuse, sexual assault, rape, trauma and PTSD.
- Working for the NHS in the development and delivery of management and personal training programmes.
- Providing clinical supervision and coaching to counsellors and professionals working within schools, colleges and universities.
£60.00 per hour or £75.00 per 1.5 hours.
Fees may vary dependant on individual need and I require 24 hours cancellation notice, otherwise the fee will be charged.