Supervisor Teresa Lewis MSc PgDip BA(Hons) MBACP (Senior Accredited) MAC
Teresa Lewis is a Senior Accredited therapist with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP Snr. Accred). During her 22 years of active clinical practice Teresa has completed over 15,000 therapy sessions and has successfully dealt with a wide range of issues from anger management to health anxiety. Teresa holds a Masters degree in counselling and psychotherapy and is a qualified EMDR Practitioner having completed training accredited with EMDR Europe.
Teresa is a trained adult educator and has lectured extensively in the field of counselling and psychotherapy. She is also a mindfulness teacher and currently divides her time between clinical practice and teaching. As a recognised expert in her field Teresa is frequently asked to conduct editorial reviews and endorse counselling and psychotherapy books for international publishing houses.
BACP ACCREDITED COUNSELLING SERVICE
Teresa is the founder and director of award winning Wolverhampton Counselling Practice Lewis Psychology CIC. Lewis Psychology CIC is the only organisation in Wolverhampton to gain service accreditation status with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). BACP Service Accreditation demands the highest standards of practice in the counselling and psychotherapy profession and is considered by many to be the highest honour in the field.
The BACP Service Accreditation helps the public and practitioners identify services providing a high standard of counselling and psychotherapy. It sets the standard to which all counselling and psychotherapy services can aspire to and demonstrates a commitment to excellence.
Lewis Psychology is located in a self-contained office building that has been refurbished to an exceptionally high specification. This landmark property is attractive and prominent and dates back to the early 18th Century, it has a retained listed façade and period features.
Lewis Psychology offices are on on the ground floor and there is full disabled access. There is free onsite car park for up to 80 cars.
HOW TO FIND LEWIS PSYCHOLOGY CIC
* By car: Lewis Psychology CIC is on Tettenhall Road (A41) approximately a half a mile from Wolverhampton town centre.
* By bus: If you are travelling via public transport Lewis Psychology CIC is on the Tettenhall bus route (the number one bus) from Wolverhampton bus station. You will need to get off the bus on Tettenhall Road just before the Shell garage. The bus stop is directly across the road from Lewis Psychology offices.
* By foot: Approximately a 10 to 15 minute walk from Wolverhampton city centre.
PRACTICE OPENING TIMES
|Monday||8:20am to 8:10pm|
|Tuesday||8:20am to 8:10pm|
|Wednesday||8:20am to 8:10pm|
|Thursday||8:20am to 8:10pm|
|Friday||8:20am to 8:10pm|
|Saturday||8:20am to 6:00pm|
ENQUIRIES AND BOOKING INFORMATION
Telephone: (01902) 827808
Mobile/text: 0774 888 5614
If nobody is available please leave a message on the confidential 24 hour answering service and your call will be returned.
- Masters Degree (Msc) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Diploma (PgDip) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Certificate (PgCert) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Bachelor Degree with Honours (BA Hons)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) (all parts)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training One (Breathworks)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training Two (Breathworks)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training Advanced (Breathworks)
- Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) Teacher Training Foundation
- Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) Teacher Training One
- Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) Teacher Training Two
- Practitioner Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice (GQHP)
- Diploma in Counselling
- Diploma in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Certificate in Counselling
- Certificate in Further Education Teaching
PROFESSIONAL ACCREDITATIONS AND REGISTRATIONS
* British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP Snr Accred) Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist
* British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Registered Counsellor/Psychotherapist
* Founding Member of the BACP Coaching Division
* Registered Member of the Association for Coaching (MAC)
* British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Accredited Counselling and Psychotherapy Service
* Member of The General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
* The General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC) Validated Practitioner
Since founding the company in 2009 Lewis Psychology CIC has rapidly become a flagship counselling and psychotherapy business. The company has achieved national recognition for excellence in service delivery and ethical business principles. This recognition is clearly illustrated through Lewis Psychology CIC’s rapid expansion and business awards.
2010: Awarded the prestigious Social Enterprise Mark. The Social Enterprise Mark is a 'Fair Trade'-type stamp that helps people identify businesses that are ethically motivated.
2011: Lewis Psychology CIC become the ONLY counselling and psychotherapy service in Wolverhampton to be awarded service accreditation status with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
2011: Awarded a 2011 Entrepreneur Award for ‘Business Providing the Best Social or Economic Contribution to the Region’.
As a recognised expert in the field of counselling Teresa is frequently asked to review and endorse counselling and psychotherapy books for international publishing houses. Teresa’s most recent book endorsement was Skills in Gestalt Counselling and Psychotherapy (Second Edition) by Charlotte Sills and Phil Joyce, which was published by Sage.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD)
Teresa continues to update her knowledge and skills by attending training events and by conducting further study.
* Clear Enhanced DBS
* Registered Data Controller under the Data Protection Act (1998).
Please click here to find out more about our fees.
Alternatively, copy and paste the following link in your web browser: http://www.lewispsy.org.uk/faqs/therapy_fees/
Our organisations customers are asked to contact us for details of our corporate pricing structure.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||We also offer services in Punjabi|
There are several dedicated disabled parking bays and an access ramp to the building. Doorways are widened and will allow access to most manual and electric mobility scooters. Counselling rooms are on the ground floor of the building.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Teresa Lewis is a Senior Accredited therapist with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP Snr.