I am doing my best and sometimes my best isn’t good enough – but I’m only human. The reflection in the mirror I normally hide from, however today I looked and saw, staring back at me, a human, just a human trying their best for today.
Sometimes I don’t cope too well and hide from the day, and other times I hide behind false smiles and laughter, however I can see that yesterday I struggled; nevertheless the hope for today to be a better day is always there. I have over the years recognised that as humans we have hope, and that can be a very powerful motivator.
I’ve made choices in my life, some good, some not so good, however I am human, just a human, trying their best, going through life sometimes with a map, even a plan; sometimes no map or plan, just the hope of just being human.
There isn’t a book, map, or even step by step guide to being a human. If someone has taken the book from the library, can they return it - it’s overdue. For those who are of an age where Google is the fountain of all knowledge, there isn’t a reliable app, download or resource on how to be just human.
So here is my guide to being human:
- Claim your bad days, because they remind you that you’re just human.
- Celebrate your good days, because they remind you that you’re just human.
- You’re doing your best for today, and that’s enough. Well done.
Hope’s for today:
I hope that today is a good day. I hope that the bad day will pass quickly. I hope that you will be kind to yourself, and allow that to sit comfortably with you as that can be really difficult at times. I hope that as parents, we’re doing a good job. I hope that the job you’re doing is done well. The list is endless, however it is full of hope.
My hope for those who are reading this:
- I hope you are having a day that you can manage, good day or bad; just remember to claim it and make it yours.
- I hope that you know you’re loved so very much and you appreciate yourself for getting up today.
Well done, you’re just human.
Find the right counsellor or therapist for you
All therapists are verified professionals.