Writing for health and well-being
In this six-week course, we will be exploring how creative writing can be a powerful tool for health and well-being. Research has shown the healing power of writing, and reflective writing is often used for personal or professional development. If you are interested in learning how therapeutic and reflective writing could enhance your well-being or your professional life, this could be the course for you.
We will be looking at how writers and others have used expressive writing, poetry, psychogeography, autofiction and surrealism, in order to understand what makes them tick. In a safe, supportive environment we will write, explore and experiment. The option to write between lessons will also be offered.
If you want to take this course for professional development, a CPD Certificate will be available.
Because we want to offer a high-level of support, class sizes are restricted to six. This course will also have two leaders: Petra McQueen, is a writer who specialises in autobiography; and Catherine Caumont is a BACP registered counsellor. You can find out more about them at thewriterscompany.co.uk.
- Day and time of classes: Friday 2pm - 4 pm
- Duration: Six weeks
- Dates: From Friday 29th January to Friday 12th March (with a break for half term - 19th February).
- Location: Online via Zoom
- Cost: £300 for six sessions
- Tutors: Petra McQueen and Catherine Caumont
- How to book: email firstname.lastname@example.org