Working with trauma & PTSD
Friday 2nd March 2018
Friday 9th March 2018
Saturday 10th March 2018
Friday 23rd March 2018
Who is this workshop for?
This course is suitable for qualified counsellors and psychotherapists.
(This is a non-accredited programme that will deepen the understanding of trauma and its impact and develop further skills in working with people affected by trauma and PTSD.)
Aims Of the course:
- To explore the historical context for PTSD
- To have an overview of different psychological models for PTSD
- To understand the psychological, physiological and neurological processes associated with PTSD
- To learn how to respond therapeutically to trauma presentations and incorporate a framework that can be adapted within your therapeutic approach
- To understand how to work with complex trauma: working with survivors of abuse, introduction to dissociation
- To explore cultural issues
- To experience relaxation and visualisation techniques that can be used when working with trauma
- To be aware of safety and timing in trauma work and understanding indicators of recovery and resolution
- To experience creative approaches in trauma work
- Time for self-reflection and casework reflection
- Supervision and self-care.
About the host
MBACP, MSc Psychological Trauma (distinction), Post-Graduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision. Penny has worked as a senior counsellor within the NHS for 15 years, working with both adults and young people. She currently specialises in trauma work and has an interest in research. Penny has been a Supervisor for over 10 years.