Working with trauma – a person-centred approach
This event aims to give participants an understanding of trauma from a person-centred perspective. Drawing on Rogers’ theory of personality development to understand the impact of trauma and the role of the therapeutic relationship in supporting recovery and growth following adversity.
This training will support participants to:
- Understand what we mean by psychological trauma.
- Consider post-traumatic response in the context of Rogers’ theory of personality development.
- Identify common ground across theoretical understandings of trauma, recovery and growth.
- Reflect on the place of technique, strategies and interventions in trauma therapy.
- To consider clinical challenges inherent in working with complex trauma.
- To understand the mechanisms by which person-centred therapy can facilitate psychological well being and post-traumatic growth.
Find more information and book your place via Eventbrite.
Hosted by Audrey Smith
Greenwood Events organises workshops aimed primarily at counsellors and psychotherapists, but the workshops may also be of interest to social workers, teachers, anyone in the helping professions or anyone who is interested in personal development. See a full list of events at https://www.greenwoodevents.co.uk/events/. Everyone is welcome!