Working with trans & gender non-conforming individuals
Who is the course for?
Anyone in a support or helping role who is working or may work with trans and gender non-conforming people.
Aims of course:
To have greater awareness and understanding of the facts and challenges surrounding trans and gender non-conforming individuals and be able to provide more informed and effective support.
- Helping you get to grips with terminology and facts and then learning how to put them into practice.
- Encouraging you to ensure that your every day practice is trans-inclusive.
- Enabling you to confidently and consistently recognise and challenge transphobia.
- Looking at the law and safeguarding aspects of supporting trans adults and young people.
- Giving you the tools to support a trans adult or young person including relevant and local signposting.
About the host
Matty is a Youth Work & Peer Support Co-ordinator at the Proud Trust in Manchester, Working in secondary and primary schools, as well as with adult LGBT groups, Matty is also a peer support project facilitator.