Working with suicide and risk
For all counsellors and psychotherapists wanting to develop confidence, enhance practice, and update your knowledge and understanding of responding effectively to the suicidal client.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for all counsellors and psychotherapists whether still in training, recently qualified or an experienced practitioner, wanting to develop confidence, enhance practice, and update your knowledge and understanding of responding effectively to the suicidal client.
Outcomes for attendees
- to have explored your awareness of suicide, dispel myths, and be aware of current trends and statistics
- be more confident in opening up dialogue with a client who reveals they are experiencing suicidal thoughts and contemplating ending their own life
- have a better understanding of risk/protective factors
- to understand legal/ethical/organisational issues
- to have considered the impact on family members when someone takes their own life
- to enhance personal reflections and self-care around the impact of working with suicidal clients
- be aware of other professionals/organisations that could actively support suicidal clients and families bereaved by suicide
CPD - 6.5 hours
With 20 years experience in training and development in the public, private and education sectors, Toni is also a fully qualified Counsellor and Psychotherapist and has significant experience working as a trained Cruse Bereavement Counsellor.