Working with people experiencing bereavement and loss
Who is the course for?
This course is for counsellors and psychotherapists who have a basic grasp of some bereavement theory and want to deepen their understanding of grief to provide a greater level of support to clients.
Outcomes for attendees
- Build your knowledge of grief and of the various factors and issues which may affect your client.
- Learn to recognise, assess, and work with complicated grief.
- Gain a deeper insight into structuring an ongoing supportive relationship with a bereaved person.
- Identify and work with suicide risk.
- Be able to support clients bereaved by suicide, including dealing with feelings of guilt.
- Build a repertoire of skills and techniques that help when working with bereaved people.
CPD: six hours
With 20 years experience in training and development in the public, private and education sectors, Toni is also a fully qualified Counsellor and Psychotherapist and has significant experience working as a trained Cruse Bereavement Counsellor.