Working with narcissistic personality disorder
Suite 7, Abercromby Business Centre
Abercromby Street, Bridgeton
Narcissistic personality disorder is sometimes a label that causes helping professionals to either avoid working with people who have the diagnosis or to experience a feeling of inferiority in their presence.
This often leads to people with the diagnosis of NPD being portrayed in a negative way. These are people who play a valuable role in society and for whom; a sad story lies behind their way of being.
This workshop aims the provide participants with a useful understanding of NPD and some knowledge, skills and attitudes to work with it.
Aims of the event
- To explore the diagnosis of narcissistic personality disorder
- To outline difficulties in treating NPD and how to work with these
- To highlight treatment options that are effective in the treatment of NPD
- To develop an appreciation of the value of schema modes in the treatment of NPD
- To highlight the importance of the Therapists way of being
- To examine interventions that improve quality of life.
More information at https://npd-july-2018.eventbrite.co.uk
About Audrey Smith
Greenwood Events aims to offer affordable workshops to counsellors interested in CPD, anyone interested in self- development or considering a career in counselling. It also aims to offer opportunities to stimulate networking and knowledge sharing among counsellors in Scotland. Visit www.greenwoodevents.co.uk for more information.