Working with narcissistic personality disorder
Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is sometimes a label that causes helping professionals to either avoid working with people who have the diagnosis or to experience a feeling of inferiority in their presence. This often leads to people with the diagnosis of NPD being portrayed in a negative way. These are people who play a valuable role in society and for whom a sad story lies behind their way of being.
This workshop aims the provide participants with a useful understanding of NPD and some knowledge, skills and attitudes to work with it.
Aims of the event
- To explore the diagnosis of narcissistic personality disorder to outline difficulties in treating NPD and how to work with these.
- To highlight treatment options that are effective in the treatment of NPD.
- To develop an appreciation of the value of schema modes in the treatment of NPD.
- To highlight the importance of the therapist's way of being.
- To examine interventions that improve quality of life.
About the facilitator - Andy Gray
The workshop will be delivered by Andy Gray and a co-facilitator. Andy is the owner of ACT Counselling Services and a retired psychotherapist and supervisor.
Andy has worked in a variety of training settings, including various private training providers and universities across the UK. As a practitioner, he has worked in the NHS, social work, psychiatric hospital management and private practice settings.
Find out more and book your place via Eventbrite.
For upcoming events in 2022, visit greenwoodevents.co.uk.
Hosted by Audrey Smith
Greenwood Events runs affordable CPD training and aspires to facilitate a vibrant and lively network of like-minded people working in the helping profession who meet up to learn, network and share expertise and knowledge. Join the Greenwood Events mailing list here - http://eepurl.com/dLYUu2 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org