Working with dreams, imagery and metaphor (2 days)
138 Low Lane
Delegates will discover the styles of working with metaphor, dreams and imagery that work best for them on this two day course, and be able to begin to develop their own approach to using these techniques with clients.
The material covered in the workshop includes:
- Imagery, metaphor, dreams and neuroscience.
- The use of metaphor in the dyadic relationship to enhance the discovery of meaning.
- Archetypal imagery in therapy.
- Guided Affective Imagery.
- TA/Gestalt dreamwork technique.
- Using metaphor to create safety, protection and resources for vulnerable clients.
- The role of the image in the development and reclaiming of the self.
- Accounting for client presentation in selecting tools for the work.
- Metaphor for the therapist – creating your own inner landscape.
The course is suitable for anyone practising as a counsellor or psychotherapist who wants to explore the possibilities offered by including working with imagery, dreams and metaphor in their work.
About the trainer
Barbara Clarkson, MA, CTA, TSTA is a Transactional Analysis Psychotherapist, Trainer and Supervisor with 24 years experience in practice. She has presented many workshops and training events about using metaphor, imagery and dreams to facilitate deeper understanding of ourselves and our clients, and uses these tools in supervision to deepen practitioners’ understanding of their work. She has also worked intensively with groups of therapists on short retreats, to develop their personal use of these powerful resources the work we do.
To book a ticket, or for more information, go to https://www.thehorsforthcentre.co.uk/88/Training-and-Events/Working-with-Imagery,-Dreams-and-Metaphor.html