Working with dissociative clients: a practical workshop
The aims of this workshop are:
- To provide a greater depth of understanding about what dissociation is.
- To explore ways of working with dissociative clients.
- To look at the boundary challenges often posed by this client group.
- What is it?
- What causes it?
- How to spot it in session with a client.
- How to work with it.
- Different types of dissociation.
- What's the impact of trauma and dissociation on boundaries?
- What are the challenges and difficulties?
We also provide plenty of opportunity for your questions, as well as practical activities.
Numbers restricted to a maximum of 18.
Hosted by Lynsey Lowe
Lynsey Lowe is a BACP accredited therapist with extensive experience of working with survivors of childhood abuse. Sally French was a sexual offences specialist lawyer who worked for the CPS for 25 years. She is now a UKCP accredited therapist. Lynsey and Sally both enjoy training and working together to aid survivors and therapists.