Working with couples using TA with Mandy Atkinson
Counselling couples can be challenging. Not only are there two people and their intrapsychic processes to manage, often couples are experiencing a crisis when they come to therapy. Transactional Analysis (TA) works well in the context of this kind of work. In this one day workshop led by experienced trainer Mandy Atkinson, we will explore a range of TA concepts and explore together how they can be used. This exciting one-day workshop will combine theoretical knowledge and practical application of assessing couples and how to work with them in short term client work. Using case examples and experience we will be encouraging a sharing of our own knowledge through working collaboratively.
This workshop will:
- Introduce some key concepts of TA that are useful in working with couples such as psychological games, rackets, interlocking script patterns, transactions, contracting, and dimensions of assessment.
- An introduction to couples work, and thorough analysis and discussion of case studies.
- An opportunity to discuss current difficulties faced in the therapy room with your own couples.
- Practical ways of working hands-on including interventions and methods to adopt in your own couples practice.
Learning outcomes will include being able to:
- An appreciation of a range of interpersonal and intrapsychic processes that might be present in the couples dynamic.
- Understand and apply interventions and concepts to your own work with couples.
- Apply TA concepts and principles practically to your work with couples. The workshop will equip you with the tools you need to work more confidently with couples.
Booking and further details through www.therapychallenges.com
About Stephanie Hershon
Mandy is a UKCP accredited psychotherapist and clinical supervisor. She is a seasoned teacher and trainer. She is passionate about Transactional Analysis, relational psychotherapy and co-created learning. Training initially as a humanistic counsellor, Mandy is a Provisional Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst.