Working with anxiety and developing emotionally fit children and young people
For teachers, support workers, mentors, youth workers, counsellors, psychologists, psychotherapists and any other professionals who work with children and young people.
Do you work with children and young people who exhibit the following behaviour:
- exam stress
- social anxiety
- panic attacks
- sleep issues
- feeling shaky, dizzy and sick
- OCD behaviour
- unpleasant thoughts
- feeling shy
- school phobic.
The workshop will include:
- Gaining a greater understanding of anxiety.
- Looking at individual and societal roots of anxiety.
- How to develop emotional fitness - the toolbox!
- Practical techniques and tools in managing unhealthy anxiety expression.
About James Hawes
In my work as a School counsellor, Anxiety is one the key issues I work with. The main way that I work with anxiety is by developing emotional fitness.
I have also been working in Schools for the past 20 years and for 15 of those as a school counsellor.