Working with and supporting autistic and neurodiverse clients
About this training event
This event represents a unique opportunity to learn about working with autistic and neurodiverse clients.
In this joint training event, Orly, a counsellor and trainer and Chris, a speaker on autism who is autistic himself, are aiming to achieve the following:
- to explain what neurodiversity means
- to increase awareness of the sorts of difficulties experienced by this client group and their families that might bring them to counselling
- to share Orly's wide-ranging experience of neurodiverse clients
- to discuss how therapy can help
- to discuss how counselling this group of clients might be different (or not) for the therapist
- to hear from Chris about the lived experience of an autistic person and his experiences of being a client
- To hear what we can do to help and support the neurodiverse community
- There will be at least an hour for “supervision” so that participants can bring client work and questions which will be answered by Orly and Chris.