Working with addictive processes
Who is this workshop for?
This course will suit anyone who already has a basic understanding and experience of
the counselling process and is interested in how addiction affects the family both individually and as a system. This will help to improve the understanding, knowledge and
experience of those wishing to work with addiction and with addiction within the family.
Aims of the course
- To understand what addictive processes are
- To understand how the addictive process occurs
- To learn ways of working with addictive processes within the family as a whole and with individuals
- To be able to identify the signs and symptoms of addictive processes
- To know what help is in the community for addictive processes
- To understand the effect of addictive processes on the family.
CPD: seven hours
Vicky has been a qualified MBACP counsellor for over 21 years, with 27 years experience of
working with addiction.. She is FDAP Certified (Federation of Alcohol and Drug Practitioners),
and is an experienced trainer.