Working with addictive processes
Who is this workshop for?
This course will suit anyone who already has a basic understanding and experience of the counselling process and is interested in how addiction affects the family both individually and as a system. This will help to improve the understanding, knowledge and experience of those wishing to work with addiction and with addiction within the family.
Aims of the course
- To understand what addictive processes are.
- To understand how the addictive process occurs.
- To learn ways of working with addictive processes within the family as a whole and with individuals.
- To be able to identify the signs and symptoms of addictive processes.
- To know what help is in the community for addictive processes.
- To understand the effect of addictive processes on the family.
CPD: seven hours
About the host
Vicky has 26 years experience of working with addictions. She is an MBACP counsellor, qualified for 21 years and is FDAP Certified (Federation of Alcohol and Drug Practitioners).