Working through depression with Kirstie Adamson - online workshop
This workshop will be delivered via Zoom.
One in four people suffers from depression at some point in their lives. It’s both common and resistant to change.
During this workshop we will be able to explore the following questions:
- How does resilience change depression?
- Is depression caused by pressing down feelings and trauma or is it an illness that needs medication?
- This day course will focus on exploring depression, gaining more understanding so that you feel empowered to support the client to take action and to make a judgment about steps forward.
By the end of this workshop you will find:
- An understanding of an overview of depression, its causes and what makes it resistant to change.
- Hopefulness in a depression bog.
- Some strategies and ways of thinking that move a client towards hopeful change.
- Building resilience both in yourself and your client.
Kirstie Adamson works full time as a counsellor and supervisor in a variety of settings. She trained originally integratively and has since done further training, particularly in trauma including Somatic Experiencing, Constellations and online counselling. She works part-time in private practice specialising in working with adoptive families, with trauma and working creatively. She is also Deputy Head of Wellbeing at the University of West of England.
In addition, she previously worked for many years providing counselling in a safe house for sex workers, at a secondary school and in an adoption agency. Prior to that, she worked as a lawyer for over 15 years specialising in family and children law. She contributed to the BACP books Therapists in Court and Record Keeping and the forthcoming book on Online supervision by Karnac. For her Masters, she completed research in how emotions affect our ability to learn.
This workshop is open to training and qualified counsellors and psychotherapists. Please note that by booking on this workshop, you agree to keep all discussions confidential.
Please note, that by booking a ticket for this event, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions for CPD events, so please read through them carefully before making your purchase.
If you experience any problems during the application process then please contact email@example.com.
If you are interested in WPF Therapy upcoming events, please book your tickets on our Eventbrite page.
WPF Therapy is a well established and respected therapy training organisation. Throughout the year we provide CPD workshops and lectures to augment the clinical and theoretical learning offered by training organisations. This also offers the opportunity to focus on topics pertinent to the clinical work provided by new and established practitioners.