Working therapeutically with children and young people
40 Mayors Road
Dates - four day course
- Monday 23rd and Tuesday 24th September
- Monday 30th September and Tuesday 1st October
Who is this workshop for?
This course is suitable for counsellors and those already working with children in a supportive environment, e.g. professionals working around adoption and looked after children, teaching staff, pastoral staff, social workers and associated health professionals. There are three additional linked workshops which will compliment this four day course – assessing CYP clients (15th October), drawing and talking (19th November) and sand tray therapy (10th December). This is a non-accredited programme that will deepen the understanding of working therapeutically with children and young people.
Aims of the course
- To be more aware of the differences when working with CYP clients as opposed to adult clients
- To look at safeguarding and confidentiality, managing parents and carers appropriately, child development, adolescent issues, play work, attachment, grieving and traumatised children, bullying and self-confidence issues
- To have had the chance to role play and practise therapeutic situations
- To be able to connect to your own inner child in the service of children you may be trying to help
- To know how to work safely and ethically with all school age children and older teens
- To be in a better position to decide if this work is for you at this time in your life!
Sarah is an MBACP registered counsellor working with children and young people within school settings and domestic abuse services. She is also the Training Manager at The Counselling & Family Centre and has 20 years’ experience working in Human Resources within global organisations.