Working creatively with families
Who is this course for?
This course will suit professionals who work alongside families. It will be more beneficial to those who already have experience of working with children or young people and have some understanding of child development. It will help in providing more of an insight into effective communication with family members within a framework of positive change. This one day workshop is designed to be part of the full seven day families programme offered over the year. It is also suitable as a ‘stand alone’ day, with a focus helping practitioners to engage with every member in a family group, the particular emphasis being on working creatively with a range of family members.
Aims of the course
- To access the inner child in each of us.
- To be able to apply a range of creative techniques to suit the needs of different ages of family members.
- To gain ideas of differing types of group work which can be used in sessions such as family sculpt, role play, free play etc.
- To understand directive and non-directive play.
- To develop the basic ‘tool kit essentials’ required to work creatively with families.
CPD: 7 hours.
With 17 years + experience of working with young people and families in
different settings, Helena is an MBACP qualified counsellor working with families, individuals
and children & young people. Helena is currently a Family Counsellor at CFC and the
manager of a counselling service in a primary school for a national charity.