- Counselling Directory - Find a Counsellor Near You>
- Women pampering well-being workshop
Women pampering well-being workshop
Women monthly pampering - Floating Counselling
So many women are feeling isolated, alone, unsure if what they feel is normal or acceptable. Women are in need of a time-out, a relaxing, positive atmosphere.
This monthly pampering workshop is aimed at women, not just mothers. It is facilitated by a professional, qualified counsellor who allows the space to be non-judgemental.
A beauty consultant from #BodyshopCelestina is on hand to give a pampering experience, which could either be a facial, foot or nail spa.
Every few months we invite Shari from Sanctuary Of Well-being to come and deliver massage sessions to a raffle winner on the day.
We have also added another support to this event. To allow women who may not know what support is out there for them either physically, emotionally or financially, it could even be due to difficulty filling in forms like the benefit, etc. Techniques to cutting down household expenses is also offered on the day.
- Around 23% of women who died between six weeks and one year after pregnancy, passed away from mental health related causes.
- 80% new mothers feel overwhelmed and exhausted.
This monthly workshop helps give women that village feeling we crave as humans, to be cared and loved by a group of others who are there to support, without condemnation or prejudice.
- More than one in 10 mothers experience mental illness such as anxiety and depression during or the first year after pregnancy. If untreated, this will have a massive impact on children and families.
- Women are more likely to live in poverty than men.
- Parents are finding it harder to stay together after children - one in three children are growing up in lone parent homes, 3.8 million children live with one biological parent either the father or the mother in the UK
About Floating Counselling
Book on: womens-pampering.eventbrite.co.uk
FB: Bodyshop9at1home1 (#BodyshopCelestina)
FB: FloatingCounselling (#Floatingcounselling)