When clients bring strong emotions
- How to cope when clients yell at you, challenge your competence or refuse to engage with you.
- How to cope when you feel like yelling at your client.
In this workshop you will learn:
- To recognise the different layers of emotions.
- To recognise some of the games clients play.
- To create a safe container for the work.
- To keep yourself safe.
- Different techniques to engage your client’s curiosity in addressing the emotions.
- Different techniques to facilitate the safe release of strong emotions within the therapeutic space.
- Techniques that can be taught to clients to diffuse potentially volatile situations.
Refreshments will be included, please either bring your lunch or use the many eateries nearby in Beeston. A CPD certificate of attendance will be provided at the end of the day.
Lindsey Alderson (MBACP Accred) is a Humanistic integrative psychotherapist with a particular interest in relational work, both with adults and with children. She has worked with couples in a therapeutic setting for over 10 years and has worked with children and families for over 11 years.