Walk and talk therapy online training
Walk and talk therapy training
A dynamic and experiential course lead by two experienced, accredited CPCAB tutors.
How we work:
Within this course we will employ a wide range of teaching approaches ranging from large and small group discussion; creative methods; somatic awareness and use of nature based metaphor to engage learners and equip them with the resources to develop and practice news skills.
The course covers the following aspects:
- Time for you to reflect on your own relationship with nature.
- The psychology of working outdoors (biophilia).
- Looking at how research backs this approach.
- How to contract for this work (you will start producing your own contract and information sheet).
- How to work ethically and safely in this area.
- Ideas for carrying out the work, directly using the outdoor space creatively.
- An opportunity to explore how to adapt your current ways of working to incorporate walk and talk therapy and a chance to share ideas with other counsellors.
Who is it for?
Qualified counsellors (and those in training) with an interest in taking their work outside.
(Please note: trainee counsellors will still need a formal qualification to work as counsellors).
Time and date:
This is a five-hour online CPD course.
Friday 3rd September from 10am - 3pm.
Visit: www.counsellingworld.org for more information.
Hosted by Catherine Palmer
Cath is an accredited CPCAB counselling tutor writing and delivering counselling courses up to and including Diploma level. She is a counsellor for a local charity and also has a small private practice specifically for walking therapy. Cath holds a Masters and a Degree in Applied Psychology and is currently working towards her PhD.