Using and developing values in coaching and therapy work
Values lie at the heart of committed action and sustained change. Learn how to utilise values in helping clients move forwards in life.
Why take this course? If coaching and therapy are about anything, they enable clients to live in harmony with their core values. When clients think, behave, feel and form their relationships in ways driven by what is important to them, they:
- achieve good mental health and well-being
- develop personally, academically and professionally
- live a life of meaning and purpose
- acquire good levels of self-esteem and self-worth
- set important life goals and develop the strategies to achieve them
Anyone who is in crisis or stuck in life will be living in ways that do not reflect their values or in ways that do not align with them. This is why all coaches and therapists need to know how to work with values.
The key subject areas covered in this workshop are:
- developing a greater understanding of values
- how we elicit and develop values
- how we can utilise values in helping clients move forward in their life
- why values are essential to developing committed action to change
- understanding our core values and why they are important
- application of values-based interventions using a range of exercises and case studies
This workshop is an excellent opportunity to enhance your effectiveness as a practitioner by building on your own work with values and learning new ideas, knowledge and strategies.
What to expect? The workshop will be an interactive mix of thought-provoking discussion and engaging activities with like-minded coaches and therapists.
This workshop is for practitioners who are:
- new to values-based coaching or therapy
- looking to add to their existing coaching and therapy toolbox
- interested in creative ways to achieve positive client outcomes
- keen to enhance their effectiveness as a practitioner
- in related fields of mental health and personal and professional development
Hosted by Mark Evans
Martin Smith is a senior accredited member of the BACP and NCS, and a senior lecturer in Psychotherapy at Nottingham Trent University. Mark Evans is an accredited European Mentoring & Coaching Council (EMCC) Coach Practitioner, an accredited Human Givens therapist. He is also an accredited therapist with the National Counselling Society.