Understanding your obligations to survivors of sexual abuse
About this course
This course will take place on Zoom, but will have all the usual elements of discussion and interactive elements including small groups. This course is a must do for anyone who works with survivors of abuse or sexual violence.
Using a mixture of case studies and discussion we will explore:
- how to handle disclosures of abuse both recent and non-recent
- the potential conflicts between confidentiality and safeguarding
- what action you should take
- understanding the importance of the context within which you work
- understanding your obligations
- pre-Trial Therapy Protocol
- why is a protocol necessary?
- how might therapy impact on a criminal trial?
- understanding the need for new contracting
- how does this impact on note-taking?
- how long should notes be retained?
- what should I do if I get a request to disclose my notes?
- how can I best support my client through the criminal justice process?
Visit our website for more details and to book.
Hosted by Lynsey Lowe
Lynsey Lowe is a BACP accredited therapist with extensive experience of working with survivors of childhood abuse. Sally French was a sexual offences specialist lawyer who worked for the CPS for 25 years. She is now a UKCP accredited therapist. Lynsey and Sally both enjoy training and working together to aid survivors and therapists.