Understanding anorexia and bulimia - how can we support and work with sufferers?
Aims and objectives
- To gain an understanding of the essential characteristics of anorexia and bulimia.
- To gain knowledge of the 12-step model for use in supporting sufferers and integrate key concepts into your practice.
- What is an eating disorder?
- Characteristics of anorexia/characteristics of bulimia (DSM V reference).
- Research – anorexia and addiction.
- Cycle of addiction and its connection to anorexia/bulimia.
- Anorexia/binge eating/bulimia – the triple threat.
- Attachment theory relating to eating disorders.
- Invited speaker (anorexia/recovery journey).
- 12-step model and it correlation to the Nice guidelines for working with eating disorders.
- Steps one-12 summarised.
- Lily’s poem.
Five hour CPD certificates issued
- Occupational therapists
- Youth workers
- Family therapists
- Personal trainers
- General practitioners
- Social workers.
I am running two workshops:
CPD one - working therapeutically with obesity. Looking at food addiction and binge eating disorder - September 29th (please see details under a separate listing).
CPD two - Understanding anorexia and bulimia. How can we support and work with sufferers?
Full price £75 per workshop.
Early bird discount
£125 for both workshops paid before August 10th.
CPD one - £68 paid before August 10th.
CPD two - £68 paid before September 10th.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a booking form.
About Rochelle Craig
I specialise in working with disordered and destructive eating behaviours including anorexia/binge eating disorder and food addiction. I have my own personal recovery from an eating disorder plus 16 years of working in this field using an addiction based model integrating CBT, Compassion Focused Therapy and Motivational Interviewing techniques.