Understanding adverse childhood experiences (ACES)
About this course
This course is for professionals and any individuals with an interest in the impact of childhood trauma or trauma recovery.
On completion of the day you will be able to:
- understand what adverse childhood experiences (ACES) are
- understand the brain development in the early years.
- understand the impact on adulthood after ACE
- know what “best practice” support looks like
- look at therapeutic approaches to working with individuals who have been impacted by trauma
- have a chance to talk to someone with lived experience of childhood trauma
Hosted by Kate Blakemore
Kate Blakemore BA (hons) Bus. Management. Diploma in counselling. Award in teaching. Mentoring qualification. Reiki 2 qualified. Diploma in fertility counselling. Accredited counsellor in infant loss. Kate is a person centred counsellor and has her own private practice. Kate is also the founder of Motherwell a charity in Cheshire.