Treating borderline personality disorder using schema therapy and dialectical behavioural therapy
Borderline personality disorder is commonly considered to be one of the toughest presenting issues to treat. Differing modalities, including the medical model have tried for years to foster improvements in the client's life with limited success. Schema therapy and dialectical behavioural therapy were both developed with the specific treatment of BPD in mind.
This event will provide participants with a deeper understanding of BPD and it's predisposing factors. Furthermore, participants can expect to be introduced to some practical approaches and interventions that can be integrated into therapeutic practice of any modality.
- To enhance participants understanding of borderline personality disorder and its predisposing, precipitating and perpetuating factors
- To discuss treatment of BPD with other participants
- To impart information on 'limited reparenting'
- To explore interventions that help develop a new 'internal working model'
- To understand the unification of various modalities to treat BPD.
More information at https://bpd-schema-dbt.eventbrite.co.uk
About the host
Greenwood Events organises affordable CPD workshops for counsellors in Scotland. It aspires to facilitate a vibrant and lively network of counsellors who meet up on a regular basis to share expertise and knowledge. The events may also be of interest to anyone considering a career in counselling or personal self-development; no-one is excluded.